no. 3
October 26, 2008
Cocaine Cowboys was a documentary film director by Billy Corben, released in October, 2006. It gave an insightful, informative view of the drug trade in Miami, Florida during the 70s and 80s. It included several interviews from participants in the trade along with law enforcement officers who experienced the growing rate of violence and crime due to cocaine. Several of the most important characters included Jon Roberts, Mickey Munday, and Sam Burstyn to name a few. I didn't particularly enjoy some of the technical aspects. Most shots were medium shots, there were few long/establishing shots that were worth even putting in the film. Overall I wasn't too impressed with the film as a whole. The music, along with most of the editing was too cheesy for my liking, but I enjoy how much information the film contained. I would reccomend Cocaine Cowboys to anyone who found interest in drug trades along with anyone who enjoys Scarface or any other fictional movies that glorify drugs, especially cocaine.
When you die,
will you haunt me?